Professional Pond Dredging
Dredging is one of those jobs that’s better left to the pros. Between expensive machinery and a high-level skill set, it’s not a job for amateurs. Consider this:
- Sludge is very sloppy and runny. It contains over 50 percent water, which is not easily removed.
- Removing enough water to make the material manageable is difficult and costly.
- Access to retention ponds and other small waterbodies is typically very limited, especially in congested areas like cities and housing developments.
- Locations for permanent placement of material are limited.
Heartland Dredging has the expertise, experience, and equipment to get the job done. We use eco-friendly hydraulic dredges that can fit in tight places but that still contain the power for lake muck removal. The dredge has a working depth removal of 14 inches to 14 feet and is capable of pumping up to 1,600 gallons per minute for several thousand feet.
Bathymetric Surveys Estimate Accurate Levels of Sediment
Do you need an estimate of how much sediment is in your pond? Schedule a bathymetric survey. Using sonar and GPS positioning, we’ll be able to determine how much sediment is in the lake and where it’s at. If you hire us to pump it out, we’ll then deduct the cost of the survey from your final bill. And at the end of the project, we’ll survey again to verify that the sediment is gone.
Benefits of Hydraulic Dredging
- Remove silt with minimal disruptions
- No need to drain the water
- Minimal damage to the surrounding area
- Immediate results
- No odors
- Safe for rubber and synthetic liners