Dredging & Bathymetric Surveying Services in Illinois
Most people don’t think about the importance of a retention pond or waste lagoon until one floods or malfunctions, causing flooding and other headaches to hundreds or thousands of people. Over our years of services, Heartland Dredging has seen it. Don’t wait for the catastrophe to happen. Contact us at (317) 769-2781 if you suspect a sediment problem in your retention pond, waste lagoon, stormwater basin, marina, or lake in Illinois.
Illinois Dredging Services
Since 2009, we’ve offered our dredging services throughout the Midwest. Check out our About and FAQ pages for more detailed information.
Heartland Dredging specializes in hydraulic dredging, which has some definite benefits when compared to traditional mechanical dredging.CONTACT US
Why Should I Invest in Pond Dredging?
- Retention ponds and other waterbodies provide the vital function of controlling stormwater run-off in developments.
- Large amounts of sediment can lead to poor water quality.
- Excessive organic sediment promotes harmful algal blooms.
- Shallow water can lead to excessive weed growth.
- Low oxygen levels can harm fish, other aquatic life, and even lead to fish kills.
- Storage capacity for irrigation is reduced.
- Property values decreases otherwise.
- A hydraulic dredge can fit in the congested areas of Illinois urban waterbodies and residential areas with very little damage to the environment.
- Hydraulic dredging does not require the pond to be dewatered, so no harm is done to the aquatic life.
- Immediate results.
- No odors.
- Will not damage pond or lagoon liners.
- Flexible disposal ─ We utilize geotextile tubes, containment basins, or relocation to dispose of the sludge. The right disposal method for you depends upon the amount of sediment, the size of open acreage available for disposal purposes, and your budget.
- Only clean water is returned to the waterbody.
Bathymetric Surveys for Assurance
If you’re not sure of the extent of the sediment problem, we offer bathymetric surveying. Using sonar and GPS positioning, we can accurately estimate the amount of sediment and its location. When we’re done with the dredging process, we will survey again to verify sludge removal.
Our years of experience, expert work, stellar safety record, and invested, hardworking employees (they own the company) make us the hands-down favorite of dredging companies in Illinois. Contact us at (317) 769-2781. We serve Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Michigan.